ACADEMIC WRITING LINKING WORDS

Linking words, also known as transition words or connecting words, are words that are used to connect one sentence to the next. They help to provide coherence and structure to your writing, making it easier for the reader to understand the logic of your ideas. Some common linking words include:

ACADEMIC WRITING LINKING WORDS
ACADEMIC WRITING LINKING WORDS

  • However: This word is used to indicate a contrast or exception to what has just been said. For example: "I enjoy reading books. However, I don't have much time to read these days."
  • Moreover: This word is used to add information to a previous statement. For example: "I enjoy reading books. Moreover, I find that reading helps me to relax and unwind."
  • In addition: This phrase is used to add information to a previous statement. For example: "I enjoy reading books. In addition, I find that reading helps me to improve my writing skills."
  • Furthermore: This word is used to add more information to a previous statement. For example: "I enjoy reading books. Furthermore, I find that reading helps me to expand my knowledge and learn new things."
  • Nevertheless: This word is used to indicate that a statement is true despite something else that has been said. For example: "I enjoy reading books. Nevertheless, I still struggle to find time to read as much as I would like."


Using these linking words can help to make your writing more cohesive and coherent, and can improve the overall flow and clarity of your ideas.

Comments